Monday, January 14, 2013

Huff reckons title year not his best

Rob HuffWorld Touring Car champion Rob Huff believes he drove better when he lost the title in 2011 than he did during last year’s championship-winning campaign.


Huff won eight races in 2011, but missed out on the crown to Chevrolet team-mate Yvan Muller by three points.


Last year he was able to beat Muller to the title by 12 points, despite only winning five races.


Huff admitted at AUTOSPORT International that he felt Muller had handed him the championship with his late-season tangles last season.


“The strange thing is, I probably feel like I deserved to win it more in 2011 than I did last year,” said Huff on the AUTOSPORT Stage by KX.


“I think I drove better that year. I won it last year on his mistakes, and I’d be the first person to admit that.


“Everyone knows, you can have the best car out there, you can be the best driver out there, but you need a bit of luck.


“In 2011 we didn’t get that luck. Last year we did.”

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/other-news/touring-cars/wtcc/huff-reckons-title-year-not-his-best

Cliff Griffith Georges Grignard Bobby Grim Romain Grosjean Olivier Grouillard

No comments:

Post a Comment