Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pye set to miss race after huge crash

Scott Pye crash, Symmons Plains, V8 Supercars 2013Scott Pye could be forced to sit out this weekend’s V8 Supercars visit to Pukekohe as a result of his massive accident at Symmons Plains.


The 2012 Development Series runner-up was lucky to escape with only minor injuries after brake failure sent his Holden into the Turn 2 wall late on in the final race.


His car was heavily damaged however, and with no spare – and the short turnaround between races – his place at Pukekoke is in jeopardy.


“I got out and had to have a quick look at it because I couldn’t believe an impact like that,” Pye said.


“Going in, I knew it was going to be massive, going into an Armco wall filled with solid dirt behind.


“I had to admire the car and I’m very grateful at the way it held up, I think even the steering wheel’s bent from where I hung on.


“We’ve made massive inroads and the team’s doing a great job. It will be a shame if the team can’t show its pace at Pukekohe.”


Pye currently lies 19th in the championship after the first two rounds, but could freefall if he misses the quadruple-header at Pukekohe.

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/real-world-racing/3rdparty/pye-set-to-miss-race-after-huge-crash

Willi Heeks Nick Heidfeld Theo Helfrich Mack Hellings Brian Henton

No comments:

Post a Comment