Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pedrosa thrilled with wet breakthrough

Dani Pedrosa leads Jorge Lorenzo at SepangA delighted Dani Pedrosa hailed what was his first grand prix victory in wet conditions at Sepang.


The Spaniard is in a rich vein of form, having won three MotoGP races on the bounce and five of the last six.


While his championship ambitions remain slim – Jorge Lorenzo having finished second to limit the damage over the past three events – Pedrosa said he could take delight in finally conquering the rain.


“I’m really happy today, this was my first ever win in the wet,” he said.


“It’s a great feeling, so thanks to all people who helped me improve. Thanks also to my team, today is very special.


“It was a really hard race, because in the beginning I was trying to follow Jorge and on the first laps he was very fast.


“The track wasn’t so bad, so I could get a rhythm and be consistent on laptimes.


“I didn’t know about the end of the race so mid-way through I tried to pass [Lorenzo] and do some good laps, and in fact it started to rain very heavily.”


Despite his sensational run of form, his best ever sequence in MotoGP, the championship remains out of Pedrosa’s hands.


Lorenzo needs only come third in the remaining two events to secure the crown, regardless of what Pedrosa manages.

Source: http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/other-news/motorcycles/motogp/pedrosa-thrilled-with-wet-breakthrough

Jean Marc Gounon Emmanuel de Graffenried Lucas di Grassi Cecil Green Keith Greene

No comments:

Post a Comment